Google Spreadsheets have revolutionized industry and personal collaboration through a simple interface and the ability to instantly share and edit documents. By connecting your Google docs with Salesforce via Heroku, the ability to archive and share critical data exponentially grows. TechnoMile has developed a two way sync connector for Google docs and Salesforce on Heroku platform where all the data from the Google Spreadsheet will be synced to Salesforce.
How It Works
- Create a Google Spreadsheet, then with the connector, all the data will get synced into Salesforce as a new Lead.
- Any modified rows in the Google Spreadsheet will also be synced into Salesforce.
- Modified records in Salesforce will be synced in Google Spreadsheet.
What You Need to get it going
- Heroku account.
- Salesforce account.
- Google account.
How to get started
- Create a new App on Heroku.
- Add and configure below add-ons on your Heroku App.
- Setup your Salesforce connection with Heroku App using Heroku Connect add-on.
Click on Heroku Connect from your Heroku App then click Authorize button for syncing data from Google Spreadsheet to Salesforce.
- Create a new project at Google Developers Console.
Click Create Project to create new project for your app on Google Developers Console.
Go to APIs of APIs & auth section on left sidebar and enable Drive API.
- Create a OAuth 2.0 and generate the key.
Go to Credentials of APIs & auth section on left sidebar and click OAuth 2.0 Client ID.
Select Web Application Type option with your Heroku App URL in Authorized Redirect URLs and click Create for Client ID & Secret Key.
- Create and enter data on your Google Spreadsheet.
- Install TechnoMile’s Google Spreadsheet Salesforce Connector on your Heroku APP then enter your Client ID, Secret Key & Callback URL into the connectors config file.
- Run OAuth 2.0 API script to get Access Token or Refresh Token for syncing Google Spreadsheet data from connector script to Salesforce.
Whoo! Your Salesforce and Google Docs are now connected! If you are interested in the Google Doc Salesforce Connector, please contact us and we will be happy to get you going!